For the past few years, I have helped hundreds of students, marketers, agency professionals and business owners enhance their digital marketing & communications skills through course offerings from Canada’s top universities including the University of British Columbia and Simon Fraser University.
If you would like to train with me, below are upcoming 2018 courses which I try to update every quarter,
If you are interested in custom training, please get in touch.
How to Create a Winning Social Media Strategy – Jan 27th 2018
By the end of this popular and often sold out social media strategy boot camp, professionals, marketers, and business owners will be able to design a winning social strategy for their brand or organization. Topics include:
- How to build a voice and values around your brand
- The right channels for you
- How to craft and grow your online “ecosystem”
- The balance of a good content strategy, listening and engagement tactics
- Setting goals and measuring your social media growth
Introduction to Facebook Advertising – Feb 17 2018
With wider adoption of social media and declining organic reach, Facebook advertising has become one of the most effective social media advertising channels for organizations of all sizes. In this boot camp, you will learn Facebook advertising strategies, tactics and best practices including:
- How your Facebook ad strategy fits within your marketing plan
- How to use the Facebook Ads Manager
- Which campaign objective to pick and why
- Facebook targeting, ad format and placement options
- How to pick the right audience for your Facebook ads
- Monitoring and optimizing your Facebook ad campaigns
- Facebook ad campaign KPIs (based on your objectives)
Use Acquisition & Engagement – Fall 2018
In this noisy digital landscape, it takes a lot more than just good content to acquire users and keep them engaged. In this intense course, students will be able to:
- Understand the importance of content strategy in moving users along the customer journey from unknowns to advocates.
- Explore the different content types and tactics needed at each stage of the journey
- Learn the different components of inbound marketing tactics ranging from e-mail marketing to organic and paid search to influencer and social media marketing.
- This course is only offered as part of the UBC’s Digital Marketing & Communications Program.
Beyond these courses I also offer custom training. Please contact me to learn more.
"Wahiba is an exceptional instructor. Carefully researched social media content, up-to-date statistics and valuable tools for developing a social media strategy make this course a must for businesses seeking to expand their brand reach."
"Wahiba taught the course Branding and Marketing in the Digital Age with SFU Continuing Studies' Digital Communications with Advanced English Training Certificate this past Spring. Her course was ranked highly among all the students and was cited to be the highlight of the second half of the program. Students described her as passionate and inspiring, and her willigness to stay after class and go above and beyond for each student did not go unnoticed . Her ideas are fresh, innovative, and above all practical. Students left her class with tangible skills on how to strengthen their own personal brand in this changing digital age. Wahiba brought in several guest speakers to keep the ideas and approaches offered in class diverse and students greatly appreciated this valuable networking opportunity. Wahiba was a great asset to our program and we would be more than happy to have her back to teach the course again."
"I would highly recommend Wahiba’s SFU Bootcamp “How to Create a Winning Social Media Strategy” to anyone who is keen on learning more about the ins and outs of social media. She came prepared with statistics and comprehensive data to back up her findings. I walked away with practical and useful hands on information I could use right away."
"Wahiba is a recent addition to our Web Marketing Certificate Program. Her knowledge and expertise in this subject matter has impacted our Web Marketing Program greatly, as she enabled us to take our social media courses, and certifcate program to a higher level. Wahiba is passionate about her craft and she manages to convey this to her students each and every time. Here's what a recent student had to say: "The social media content presented by Wahiba was invaluable. Care put into communicating effective strategies was superb!""
"Wahiba is a consummate professional whom I had the pleasure of working with in the Digital Marketing Communications program. I was highly impressed with her ability to build rapport and encourage engagement with the class. Additionally, her in-depth knowledge of user acquisition in a rapidly shifting digital marketing landscape was a huge benefit to our students and they gained enormously from her expertise."